Sunday, March 5, 2017

[TRANS] Sojin Starnews Interview Part 2



 Source: Naver- Starnews


One of Girl's Day Sojin related word is 'Engineering Goddess'. Sojin who currently taking a leave of absence from Mechanical Engineering Department at Yeungnam University, is known to have entered engineering college and earned the nickname 'Engineering Goddess'
It's not just a nickname. Last year Sojin appeared on TvN variety show for people with sense as well as the intelligence, 'Problematic Men', and proven as a girl with a sexy brain. Sojin felt embarrassed with her 'Engineering Goddess' nickname, but she smiled as she recalled her college days.

- You have 'Engineering Goddess' nickname
▶ I'm not sure about the Goddess part, but I had a lot of friends and senior who treat me well so I had fun while attending college. It was the start of my life. It was really fun. It was fun to ride a bicycle and drink on the lawn.

 - You are currently on leave of absence, do you have any thought of return to school?
▶I can't. It's hard to imagine graduating. It's all difficult. It's not an easy thing to learn. Majoring on that. My friends who graduated are amazing, got above 4.0 is amazing.

- Do you have any thought of majoring anything else?
▶If I was young.. (Laugh)If I could go back, I want to major in Oriental medicine. I want to be an oriental medical doctor. I really want to learn it. If not, I'd take a music major sooner than later. As it's already late.. Back then I met the wrong guy so I couldn't easily ask. I thought I would bothered him, so I couldn't even ask for a help. I think it's better to learn everything while young.




-Then what nickname do you want to have?
▶As time goes on I want to be charming. I think there is no significant criteria and it's meaningless to be called 'pretty'. When I was young, I envied pretty people and wanted to be called pretty. The more I live, the more I realize that it is not right. There are a lot of charming people. I want to be a charming person. 

-Are you tired being called pretty?
▶No. I never think of myself as pretty, so being called pretty doesn't mean a lot to me. If I got called 'so pretty', I want to answer, "No, I'm not." But if someone said 'You look pretty', I think I'd answer, 'Thank you.'. A bowling alley owner also said, "Sojin, you become pretty since last time we met." I said thank you. The other person could get embarrassed. It felt like I just accepted it as if it's an obvious thing.  Rather than that, I'd think 'They are just being nice."


-So you like word charming more than pretty?
▶Of course. While doing 'One Week Of Romance', I like that I got called lovely a lot. Rather than pretty, I like lovely better. I don't think, "Ah, so I'm pretty." I'd like to think, "So I'm lovely." People around me praised me a lot. "You are so charming. You are cute. You came out pretty. You dressed well." When I search my name, there are a lot of good word more than before.