Sunday, March 5, 2017

[TRANS] Sojin Starnews Interview Part 3




Source: Naver- Starnews


Not long ago, Girl's Day became independent as they left dormitory life. Sojin now started to live alone. After living a rowdy dormitory life, Sojin feel lonely living alone and she is adapting the solitude.
Being independent after 8 years, Sojin is looking forward for her individual activity. After casted in SBS drama 'Family Is Coming!' in 2015, Sojin has no acting activity. At that time Sojin showed a potential as acting-dol with her stable acting skill which made it more regretful for Sojin (as she had no acting activity after that). She want to do music and acting for a long time.


- I heard Girl's Day became independent from dormitory life lately
▶It's been 3 months. Now all of us already became an adult. We need time for ourselves. It was sad when we moved out. We dreamed of living in the same apartment.. But now we still meet a lot too. The only difference is our home.

- Do you feel lonely?
▶Sometimes I feel so lonely. I feel so empty when I heard no sound at all at home. It used to be so noisy. Hyeri and I used to eat alone even when we lived together, but eating alone while the other kids was out and eating alone when there is only me feels different. I think there is a sense of stability. There is my own peace of mind. I thought it would be so lonely and sad, but unexpectedly I feel a sense of stability.

- What do you do at home?
▶I try to compose a song. I watch my favorite TV program.When I want to eat, I'd diligently cook. I worked hard on cleaning

-Do you have any reason to work hard on cleaning?
▶ If I didn't clean the whole home, I got stressed. When I lived at a small place with 6~7 people along with the managers, I got stressed becuase it was so crowded and dirty. So when I got out of dorm, I start to clean up. At one moment, I start to get stressed by dirty things.


- In the meantime, a lot of junior girlgroup came out. Do you have any junior who catch your eyes?
▶I like Twice's song. I had an opportunity to get to know 'Shy Shy Shy' (In the past Sojin read a comment on Vapp and didn't know what was shy shy shy) I like it. Even when I only heard it few times, I already remembered it. It's cute. All of them are cute and pretty.

- Did not you know Twice?
▶I know there is a group named Twice. I also know Cheer Up! chorus but I didn't know 'Shy Shy Shy'. After that I started to get my eyes on them. TT was good and I also like the new released song (Knock Knock). I saw an article about them. The new released song is also good.

- Do you feel any sense of rivalry with Twice?
▶ Of course I'd feel that as we work in the same industry. If we start at the same time, I think it'd be threatening.. But every group have their own flow, so we are going on our own way

- It's been 8 years since Girl's Day debut (Korean counting)
▶ I think Girl's Day is doing well. What I'm always grateful is our member match so well. I think we worked well together. If we didn't get along well, I think it would be hard even for 3 years or 5 years.



- Let's talk about Girl's Day future
▶ If we talked about 10 years later, Yura only talked about how we'll be a mother of babies (laugh) She always said, "Unnie, let's meet up when we became an ahjumma and had a baby." I think we are going to live our best year by year. Last year we renewed our contract in advance. At that time we thought it was a good choice.


- You tried acting in 2015 with 'Family Is Coming!'
▶I think I worked hard. It was lacking. If I have a good opportunity, I'd like to do acting.

- Do you have any interest in acting?
▶I want to do acting and music for a long time. That's why I'm currently searching of music I want to enjoy for a long time. The public is expecting something that would hit popular but I'm trying to find something that I can do for a long time.

- Lastly, say something to your fans
▶We always try so hard to live up to expectation, eventhough it's late please keep loving us. Thank you for supporting us.